The original Reading Habits Tag can be found here!
I love booktube and I love all the tags that booktubers create! However, since I don’t make videos (yet), I decided to move this tag to my blog!
- Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I generally read on my bed at night. On the weekends, I do like to pile blankets and pillows on the floor in front of my bookcases and read there.
- Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I have a HUGE collection of bookmarks… and I rarely use them. Usually I just remember what page or chapter I was on or I use a sticky note.
- Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/or a certain amount of pages?
I can’t stop in the middle of a chapter! How do people do that?? I do try to read 100 pages every day but if that 100 pages ends in the middle of a chapter, I keep reading.
- Do you eat or drink while reading?
I usually don’t eat because I’m afraid of dropping something on my book. I usually make a cup of tea when I start reading… and promptly forget about it (whoops).
- Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
- One book at a time or several at once?
I used to be strictly one book at a time but in the last few months, I’ve had several books going on at one time. I do this a lot with super huge books.
- Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere! I read at home, at work, at the park, at the coffee shop…
- Reading out loud or silently in your head?
It depends! Of course if I’m in public, I read silently. But when I’m at home, I read to my dogs!
- Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
If I’m bored with the book, I do have the tendency to skim pages. If I’m unsure about the ending of a book, especially character deaths, I will read ahead to see if they survive or not. Spoilers don’t bother me or take away from my reading experience.
- Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
BREAK ‘EM. Kidding. I don’t purposefully break the spines but if it happens, I’m not going to freak out. I have books that look like they’ve never been read and I have books that look super well-loved.
- Do you write in your books?
ALL THE TIME. I write, highlight, and tab books!
- Who do you tag?
Anyone reading this!